Assignment 1 (fin-534) | Management homework help
Assignment 1: Financial Research Report
Part 1 Due Week 7 and worth 100 points
Part 2 Due Week 9 and worth 200 points
Imagine that you are a financial manager researching investments for your client. Think of a friend or a family member as a client. Define her/his characteristics and goals such as an employee or employer, relatively young (less than 40 years) or close to retirement, having some savings /property, risk taker or risk averter, etc. Next, use the Strayer University library, located at https://research.strayer.edu, to research the stock of any U.S. publicly traded company that you may consider as an investment opportunity for your client. Your investment should align with your client’s investment goals. (Note: Please ensure that you are able to find enough information about this company in order to complete this assignment. You will create an appendix, in which you will insert related information.)
Your final financial research report will be 6-8 pages and be completed in two parts as noted below. This assignment requires you to use at least 5 quality academic resources and covers the following topics:
- Rationale for choosing the company in which to invest
- Ratio analysis
- Stock price analysis
Refer to the following resources to assist with completing your assignment:
Market and Company Information
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission – “Market Structure”
- Yahoo! Finance
- Mergent Online (Note: This resource is also available through the Strayer Learning Resource Center.)
- Seeking Alpha (Note: Also available through the Android or iTunes App store.)
- Morningstar (Note: You can create a no-cost Basic Access account.)
- Research Hub, located in the left menu of your course in Blackboard.
Write an eight (8) page paper in which you:
Part 1 Due Week 7 (two (2) pages in addition to the annotated bibliography):
- Provide a rationale for the stock that you selected, indicating the significant economic, financial, and other factors that led you to consider this stock.
- Suggest the primary reasons why the selected stock is a suitable investment for your client. Include a description of your client’s profile.
- Conduct a literature review and prepare an annotated bibliography of at least 150 words for each of the five (5) resources you’ll use to complete this assignment and begin to build your reference list. Remember you must use at least (5) quality academic resources for the final assignment.
Part 2 Due Week 9 (eight (8) pages including #1 and #2 from Part 1):
- Include your rationale, primary reasons for stock selection, and client’s profile from Part 1, making any revisions based upon Part 1 feedback if applicable.
- Select any five (5) financial ratios that you have learned about in the text. Analyze the past three (3)years of the selected financial ratios for the company; you may obtain this information from the company’s financial statements. Determine the company’s financial health. (Note: Suggested ratios include, but are not limited to, current ratio, quick ratio, earnings per share, and price earnings ratio.)
- Based on your financial review, determine the risk level of the stock from your investor’s point of view. Indicate key strategies that you may use in order to minimize these perceived risks.
- Provide your recommendations of this stock as an investment opportunity. Support your rationale with resources, such as peer-reviewed articles, material from the Strayer University Library, and reviews by market analysts.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.