Crisis response | COUN 6322 – Crisis, Trauma, and Disaster Response | Walden University
- Review the Roles, Responsibilities, and Self-care of Crisis Responders media program found in the Learning Resources and consider the roles and responsibilities of a professional counselor during a crisis.
- Create a section in your Crisis Response Portfolio called “Roles and Responsibilities” .
In your section called “Roles and Responsibilities” of your Crisis Response Portfolio, include:
- Under Ethical Responsibilities: Please include ethical considerations for autonomy, informed consent, and confidentiality.
- Under Legal Considerations: Discuss legal considerations and mandated reporting criteria identified by your state
- You can find additional information and training my Google searching your state and mandated reporter training. This training provides valuable information and provides you with a certificate of training that you can include in your resume.
- Please include child, elder, and at-risk population abuse or neglect.
- Also include the duty to warn in your state.
- Additionally, include the phone number you would call to report.
- Under Volunteer Opportunities: Discuss at least one volunteer opportunity or organization that you find interesting that is not Red Cross.
- Go to https://www.ready.gov/get-involved#volunteerLinks to an external site.
- Here you will find different organizations and opportunities
- Please describe the organization.
- Provide a brief summary of the services they provide and an opportunity you may have to support the community.
- James, R. K., & Gilliland, B. E. (2017). Crisis intervention strategies (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 1, “Approaching Crisis Intervention”
- Chapter 5, “Crisis Case Handling”
- Chapter 15, “Legal and Ethical Issues on Crisis of Trauma”
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED TEMPLATE!!