Part of your role as an educator will be to work alongside colleagues to assess resources and to determine whether these resources deepen educators’ understandings of cultural, ethnic, gender, and learning differences, build stronger relationships, and create more relevant learning experiences for students.
Imagine that your principal has come to you and stated that the district is interested in hosting a professional development workshop for educators to help them broaden their cultural competence, improve family-teacher relationships, and enhance educational experiences for all students. The district proposes using the information from “The Angry Eye” for the workshop.
Create a 6-8 slide digital presentation for the professional development workshop including “The Angry Eye.”
The website for “The Angry Eye” is as follows.
PowerPoint must Include the following:
- Explanation of “The Angry Eye” or the reputable alternative video, and its main claims.
- Explanation of how the information presented in “The Angry Eye” or the alternative video could be used to help teachers broaden their cultural competence, build stronger relationships, and create more relevant educational experiences.
- Explanation of key terminology, including privilege, power, difference, and oppression.
- At least three additional resources for teachers with an explanation of how each will deepen their understanding of cultural, ethnic, gender, and learning differences, build stronger relationships, or create more relevant learning experiences.
- Title, slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.