Poem: hades welcome his bride.
Poem: Hades Welcome His Bride.
Write an essay in which you show how and why the speaker experiences a conflict between particular ways of looking or being. Also look at how the speaker’s attitude toward, or thoughts about, something or how our vision of the speaker’s character changes over the course of a poem. Be sure to clearly identify the speaker’s conflict and what changed during the poem.
Your postings will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Be sure that your thesis is explicit and supported with one to two quotations from the literature.
- Do not write in first or second person.
- Following the rules of Standard English. Please proofread your writing before clicking the ‘submit’ button!
- When you include a quotation from the literature in your mini-essay, please place an in-text citation (also called a parenthetical citation) immediately after you close the quotation marks and before you place a period at the end of your sentence. That way, anyone in the class (including me!) can easily find the quotation in the literature if necessary. If you’re not sure what to place inside the parentheses, there is instruction in the textbook in Chapter 34- Quotation, Citation, and Documentation.
- When you include in-text citations, there must be a Works Cited listing at the bottom of your post.
- Be sure to follow the “Quote Sandwich” when you insert quotations.