Week 4 – assignment | PSY 325 Statistics for the Behavioral & Social Sciences | Ashford University
ANOVA Interpretation Exercise
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the scenario and ANOVA results provided in an announcement by your instructor and the Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and Non-Normal Data: Is ANOVA Still a Valid Option? articles, review the required chapters of the Tanner textbook and the Jarman e-book, and watch the One-Way ANOVA video. In your paper, identify the research question and the hypothesis being tested in the assigned scenario. Consider the following questions: What are the independent and dependent variables, sample size, treatments, etcetera? What type of ANOVA was used in this scenario? What do the results mean in statistical and practical terms?
In your paper,
- Determine what question(s) the researchers are trying to answer by doing this research.
- Determine the hypotheses being tested. Is the alternative hypothesis directional or nondirectional?
- Identify the independent variable(s), the dependent variable, and the specific type of ANOVA used.
- Determine the sample size and the number of groups from information given in the ANOVA table.
- Discuss briefly the assumptions and limitations that apply to ANOVA.
- Interpret the ANOVA results in terms of statistical significance and in relation to the research question.
The ANOVA Interpretation Exercise assignment
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).